WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KRON) – Beginning Monday, July 13, new face mask requirements go into effect in Contra Costa County.
This comes after a spike in coronavirus cases was reported in the county.
Effective today, face masks must be worn at all times while at outdoor dining spots, except when eating or drinking.
That means when you’re ordering food, waiting for your food, or waiting for the check, you must have your face mask on.
Face masks are also required in extended family social bubbles.
Indoor worship services are also prohibited starting today.
The stricter requirements come after Contra Costa County over the weekend was added to the state’s COVID-19 watch list amid a sharp rise in cases.
- Woman passes note to cashier, she fears man she’s shopping with
- Eating highly processed foods for a month can lead to memory loss
- 1 dead & 7 injured amid another campus shooting at Grambling State, Homecoming events canceled
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to rain