It’s the fourth day of the New Haven School District teacher strike.
Yesterday teachers and supporters took to the streets, showing solidarity with the hundreds of teachers fighting for a new contract.
The teachers want a 10% raise over two years.
The district offered a 1% raise and a one-time bonus of 3%.
The last bargaining meeting was Sunday.
Yesterday an Alameda County supervisor met with both teams in an attempt to find common ground.
The district called the meeting a step in the right direction.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE