VALLEJO (KRON) – The City of Vallejo has secured money to move forward with the construction of a new homeless shelter.
Three nonprofit healthcare systems – Sutter, Kaiser, and NorthBay Healthcare – donated more than $6 million to the project.
The City of Vallejo has identified homelessness as an issue in the city and hopes this homeless shelter will help create a pathway for those people to secure permanent housing.
Latest News Headlines:
- Napa County establishes coronavirus task force to help enforce public health orders
- Officials encourage Bay Area residents to stay home ahead of 4th of July
- Fireworks cause of at least 1 fire as crews respond to multiple fires in Contra Costa County
- Trump announces creation of new park with statues of ‘greatest Americans to ever live’
- 8-year-old killed, 3 injured in shooting at Alabama mall