VALLEJO (KRON) – The City of Vallejo has secured money to move forward with the construction of a new homeless shelter.
Three nonprofit healthcare systems – Sutter, Kaiser, and NorthBay Healthcare – donated more than $6 million to the project.
The City of Vallejo has identified homelessness as an issue in the city and hopes this homeless shelter will help create a pathway for those people to secure permanent housing.
Latest News Headlines:
- Fairfield men arrested in connection to Lafayette home invasions
- Uber reports more than 3,000 sexual assaults on 2018 rides
- Teen who died in US custody unresponsive for hours
- San Francisco kids treated to holiday shopping spree, thanks to Glide Memorial, Old Navy
- Democrats say Trump impeachment charges must come swiftly