VALLEJO (KRON) – The City of Vallejo has secured money to move forward with the construction of a new homeless shelter.
Three nonprofit healthcare systems – Sutter, Kaiser, and NorthBay Healthcare – donated more than $6 million to the project.
The City of Vallejo has identified homelessness as an issue in the city and hopes this homeless shelter will help create a pathway for those people to secure permanent housing.
Latest News Headlines:
- 93,000 hoverboards recalled over glitch that causes rider to lose control
- Watch: California jewelry store employees fight off smash-and-grab robbers
- 64% of employees are hiding something at work, study says
- Federal agents seek Texas woman in alleged love triangle attack
- Pfizer says its COVID shots 80% effective for kids under 5