SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is in San Francisco Thursday to celebrate the groundbreaking of a new 14-acre park on the Presidio.
It’s called the Presidio Tunnel Tops and it will sit on top of the tunnels.
It will feature new amenities, play spaces, walking paths, and gardens.
The project costs $110 million, with a lot of the money coming from donors.
It will take two years to build.
An opening celebration is planned for 2021.
Latest News Headlines:
- Health officials fear holiday travel will trigger new COVID surge
- San Mateo County first to sound alarm on EDD inmate scam
- Women detained for speaking Spanish settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency
- Free Thanksgiving morning workout
- Dr. Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year nominees