MARIN COUNTY (KRON) – UPDATE: Marin County Fire has confirmed that forward progress has been stopped at 58 acres and 20 percent containment. On-site temperature is 90 degrees with 7 percent relative humidity with strong winds. Highway 1 remains closed between Panoramic Highway and Muir Woods Road. No evacuation orders.
Crews are battling a “rapidly growing” fire along Highway 1 near Slide Ranch, between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach Thursday.
As of 1:30 p.m., the fire has burned 50 acres and is 10% contained.
The fire was first reported around 10:45 a.m.
According to officials, no structures are threatened and no evacuation orders have been given.
Approximately 165 personnel are responding to the fire, Marin County Fire said.
Highway 1 is closed between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach.
Travelers are advised to use alternative travel routes and keep roadways clear for firefighting personnel and equipment.
> Click here for a live traffic map and to find alternate routes. (opens in a new tab)” href=”http://KRON4.COM/TRAFFIC” target=”_blank”>>> Click here for a live traffic map and to find alternate routes.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- INTERACTIVE MAP: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in my state?
- Alan Merrill, co-writer of ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications
- San Francisco’s Muni changes now in effect
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021
- Tokyo Olympics rescheduled for July 23-Aug. 8 in 2021