MARIN COUNTY (KRON) – UPDATE: Marin County Fire has confirmed that forward progress has been stopped at 58 acres and 20 percent containment. On-site temperature is 90 degrees with 7 percent relative humidity with strong winds. Highway 1 remains closed between Panoramic Highway and Muir Woods Road. No evacuation orders.
Crews are battling a “rapidly growing” fire along Highway 1 near Slide Ranch, between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach Thursday.
As of 1:30 p.m., the fire has burned 50 acres and is 10% contained.
The fire was first reported around 10:45 a.m.
According to officials, no structures are threatened and no evacuation orders have been given.
Approximately 165 personnel are responding to the fire, Marin County Fire said.
Highway 1 is closed between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach.
Travelers are advised to use alternative travel routes and keep roadways clear for firefighting personnel and equipment.
> Click here for a live traffic map and to find alternate routes. (opens in a new tab)” href=”http://KRON4.COM/TRAFFIC” target=”_blank”>>> Click here for a live traffic map and to find alternate routes.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500; Ryan Newman hospitalized
- Senator Bernie Sanders campaigned for votes in Bay Area
- Las Vegas Raiders: Who will be their next quarterback?
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Hikers turned away from Bay Area park after mountain lion attacked 6-year-old