EAST PALO ALTO (KRON) — Police in East Palo Alto said Wednesday there is no merit to a 17-year-old girl’s claim last year that she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted by several men.
The teenage girl told police back in November she was forced into a van with tinted windows outside her East Palo Alto home, driven to an unknown location and sexually assaulted.
After the alleged assault, the girl told police she was thrown from the van.
Police announced Wednesday that there was no truth to the girl’s claims and that the alleged crime did not occur.
The girl’s mother originally contacted police after the alleged incident on the early morning of Nov. 2.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: FEDEX DELIVERY MAN THROWS PACKAGES IN SAN JOSE
- EARTHQUAKE STORM RATTLES SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- DRAKE TAKES A DIG AT KEVIN DURANT; MACAULAY CULKIN RESPONDS
- MAJOR RIDESHARE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT AT SFO
- MAN ARRESTED IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT FAIRFIELD GAS STATION