This past August was the second hottest on record.
That’s according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association.
The agency has been tracking global temperatures for 140 years.
It says August was 1.66 degrees above the average over the last century.
In fact, the five warmest Augusts have all happened since 2014.
2016 was the warmest August ever.
Latest News Headlines:
- 4.5 earthquake shakes Pleasant Hill, second of two quakes
- City’s plan would eliminate cars from Market Street in San Francisco
- Student’s cancer research at UC Berkeley jeopardized by PG&E outages
- Panera Bread worker fired after mac and cheese secret exposed
- Crews rescue 190-pound dog exhausted on mountain hike in Utah