This past August was the second hottest on record.
That’s according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association.
The agency has been tracking global temperatures for 140 years.
It says August was 1.66 degrees above the average over the last century.
In fact, the five warmest Augusts have all happened since 2014.
2016 was the warmest August ever.
Latest News Headlines:
- Bay Area native Sabrina Ionescu makes history just hours after speaking at Kobe Bryant memorial
- ‘Bachelor’ now casting seniors for new dating reality show
- How to get your free pancakes from IHOP on National Pancake Day today
- Donald Trump Jr. receives permit to hunt Alaska grizzly bear
- Photo shows baby girl glaring at doctors in epic stare-down moments after her birth