SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – If you’re waking up Sunday morning to skies filled with lightning and thunder, you aren’t the only one!
Amid a scorching heat wave in the Bay Area, a Severe Thunderstorm Warning continues for parts of the Bay include San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland, according to the National Weather Service.
The warning affects the following counties:
- Contra Costa
- San Francisco
- Santa Clara
- San Mateo
- Santa Cruz
Continuous lightning and thunder was reported around the Bay Area and the Central Coast as new storms hit over the ocean and made way toward San Mateo and the Peninsula.
Gusty winds have also been reported, pushing through the North Bay and mountain passes, with peak gusts ranging between 60 and 75 mph.
A steady stream of new thunderstorms are expected throughout the day.
People are advised to stay indoors while the warning remains in place.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Man arrested in ambush of 2 Los Angeles County deputies
- Trump to hold rallies in Wisconsin areas labeled COVID-19 ‘red zones’ by White House task force
- Tubbs Fire survivor evacuates once again as Glass Fire erupts
- Biden on Proud Boys: ‘Cease and desist. The American people will decide next POTUS’
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged