SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – If you’re waking up Sunday morning to skies filled with lightning and thunder, you aren’t the only one!
Amid a scorching heat wave in the Bay Area, a Severe Thunderstorm Warning continues for parts of the Bay include San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland, according to the National Weather Service.
The warning affects the following counties:
- Contra Costa
- San Francisco
- Santa Clara
- San Mateo
- Santa Cruz
Continuous lightning and thunder was reported around the Bay Area and the Central Coast as new storms hit over the ocean and made way toward San Mateo and the Peninsula.
Gusty winds have also been reported, pushing through the North Bay and mountain passes, with peak gusts ranging between 60 and 75 mph.
A steady stream of new thunderstorms are expected throughout the day.
People are advised to stay indoors while the warning remains in place.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Prosecutors seek death for Scott Peterson
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Man charged in fatal shooting of pregnant woman was father of baby
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden address coronavirus and plans for vaccine rollout