SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The National Rifle Association is dropping its lawsuit against San Francisco over the board of supervisors’ resolution condemning the organization.
The supervisors had compared the NRA to a terrorist organization, sparking criticism.
Lawyers for the NRA filed a notice of dismissal on Thursday.
City Attorney Dennis Herrera says he’s pleased the organization “backed down on its frivolous lawsuit.”
The NRA’s lawyer says the group achieved its goals.
Latest News Headlines:
- ICE to detain, deport US Navy vet despite judge’s order
- San Leandro police arrest robbery suspects accused of targeting elderly victims
- Santa Clarita school shooter dies from self-inflicted wound
- Pennsylvania teacher suspended after allegedly talking about shooting students
- Texas appeals court blocks inmate Rodney Reed’s execution