SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The National Rifle Association is dropping its lawsuit against San Francisco over the board of supervisors’ resolution condemning the organization.
The supervisors had compared the NRA to a terrorist organization, sparking criticism.
Lawyers for the NRA filed a notice of dismissal on Thursday.
City Attorney Dennis Herrera says he’s pleased the organization “backed down on its frivolous lawsuit.”
The NRA’s lawyer says the group achieved its goals.
Latest News Headlines:
- Feds to investigate California bus rollover that killed 3
- Heading to Spring Training? Here are some adventures to enjoy while in Arizona
- Black Vines hosts 9th annual celebration: A Toast to Black Wineries and Diverse Art
- Adopt a senior dog in February with no fees at Muttville Senior Dog Rescue
- Boys, 13, charged with murder in Porterville library fire that killed 2 firefighters