OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — The Oakland Athletics confirmed with KRON4 that it will continue to pay its minor league players, a reversal from last month when the organization said it would no longer be paying its minor league players due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The A’s placed their scouts and a large number of front office employees on furlough, suspending pay for minor leaguers and cutting the salaries of other executives.
This as part of a cost-cutting move in response to the coronavirus crisis.
Minor leaguers stopped receiving $400 weekly stipends in May.
No further details are being released at this time.
Latest News Headlines:
- Employee at Warriors Oakland facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Deputies to cite those not wearing masks in West Hollywood; 1st offense carries $300 fine
- Oakland Zoo at risk of closing for good due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Some airlines increase capacity ahead of holiday weekend despite surge in US coronavirus cases
- Burlingame native released from Minor League Baseball team after season canceled