OAKLAND (KRON) – Starting today, the 19th Street BART station in Oakland will only accept Clipper cards.
BART is phasing out paper tickets at certain stations.
Riders will have to purchase one of the reusable, reloadable plastic Clipper cards.
In two weeks, the Embarcadero station will follow suit and will only accept Clipper cards.
If you still have a paper ticket, you can still use it to enter and exit the stations for as long as money remains on it.
Latest News Headlines:
- Postal Service: Send your holiday packages early
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- Cineworld secures financial help until hoped-for reopening
- US tells GM to recall nearly 6M trucks with Takata inflators
- Over 3 million screened by TSA in weekend before Thanksgiving