OAKLAND (KRON) – A local high school and college football standout has died after a year-long battle with cancer.
Friends and family held a tribute concert at a church in Oakland to remember 20-year-old Ramone Sanders.
He played football at McClymonds High School and Laney College.
Sanders leaves behind a fiancee and a one-year-old daughter.
Latest News Headlines:
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing
- Tear gas fired on New Orleans protesters on a bridge
- Hundreds protest death of George Floyd outside San Mateo City Hall
- George Floyd autopsy shows he tested positive for COVID-19 in April
- Mugshots released of all 4 officers charged in George Floyd’s death