OAKLAND (KRON) — The Oakland Gay Men’s Chorus office banner was vandalized Wednesday, the group shared on Facebook.
According to the post, the suspect or suspects wrote “Die F—– Die.”
The group has since covered the words with scribbled marker.
They say they are working on ways to get rid of the markings and get the banner back to its previous condition.
The Facebook post said there’s been discussions about whether to keep the “Gay” in the group’s name or not because so much progression has been made in society.
But the vandalism showed them it was more of a reason to stand up.
“Seeing and reading the despicable defacing brings home the need to continue to be present,” the post read. “The fight for respect and quality continues.”
“Hopefully this was a one-time event, but we will be vigilant,” the group wrote at the end of the post.
No further details are available at this time.
- NASA: Katherine Johnson, mathematician portrayed in ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Couple suspected of killing 3 roommates in California over rent argument
- Alcohol ads encouraging youth to drink, study says
- East Bay priest placed on leave over groping claim
- Gun battle in Vallejo caught on camera; search on for gunman