OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – On Saturday morning, the Oakland LGBTQ Community Center reported that they had been vandalized.
The center posted to Facebook saying, ‘It is with much sadness that we report that our center was vandalized this morning.’
The post stated that the windows were shattered, leaving the team rattled this Pride weekend.
Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf called the vandalism shameful and heartbreaking.
“They can break windows, but not our spirit,” the mayor wrote on Twitter, in part.
A description of the vandalism suspect was provided to the center.
At this time, no other details have been released.
Check back for more information as KRON4 learns more.
- Postal Service: Send your holiday packages early
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- Cineworld secures financial help until hoped-for reopening
- US tells GM to recall nearly 6M trucks with Takata inflators
- Over 3 million screened by TSA in weekend before Thanksgiving