OAKLAND, Calif. (BCN) – Police in Oakland said officers made more than a dozen arrests Friday night during protests in downtown Oakland.
The arrests were for various crimes that included assault on an officer, according to the Oakland Police Department.
A group of approximately 250 people participated in the protests and at one point blocked the intersection of Broadway and 14th Street and other roadways.
Police reported just after midnight the crowd had dispersed, and the roads had been cleared.
Copyright © 2020 by Bay City News, Inc.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson 1-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Antioch city council moves forward with series of police reform measures
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as February ends
- Bomb squad investigates suspicious device found at bank in San Jose
- Jill Biden reveals date night tradition in the White House