OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — An employee with the Oakland Police Department has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
This is the Oakland Police Department’s first case of COVID-19.
The employee is self-quarantined and recovering.
Further details have not yet been released.
Check back for updates as this story develops
Latest on the coronavirus outbreak:
- Where will the bodies go? Morgues plan as virus grows
- KRON4 Heroes: Los Gatos restaurant gives free meals to health care workers
- Gov. Newsom ‘not anticipating’ normal NFL games in the fall
- 1st confirmed COVID-19 case reported at Santa Rita Jail
- NBA, ESPN planning on televising H-O-R-S-E game with big-name players