OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — Two police officers are recovering Wednesday after they were hit by a suspect in a car. One of those police officers was dragged up to 15 feet.
Oakland Police Officer Johnna Watson told KRON4 the officers responded to a call about a car that crashed into a tree around 7 a.m. at 12th Street and Castro Street.
Watson said the driver first looked unresponsive, but then allegedly woke up and reversed his car. Two police officers were knocked down and were dragged by the car, one of them being dragged at least 10-15 feet, Watson said.
According to Watson, both officers are in good condition.
The driver “clearly knew that officer was being dragged,” Watson said. No further information was released about the driver, besides that he was a man.
A witness on the scene told KRON4 that the driver looked like he was in his late teens or early 20’s.
LISTEN: Oakland Police Officer Johnna Watson details breaking incident:
Police are still on the scene as of 8 a.m.
This is a developing story.
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Giolito dazzles, Abreu slugs White Sox past A’s in opener
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise
- Lawmaker: Trump must answer for 200k+ lives lost to COVID-19 in first presidential debate