OAKLAND (KRON) – The liquor license of an Oakland Safeway store has been suspended after the ABC alleges it sold alcohol to minors three times over the course of three years.
According to the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC), the Safeway store located at 6310 College Avenue was given a 60-day Notice of Suspension and alcohol sales are prohibited immediately.
The store allegedly sold alcohol to minors three times in a three-year period, with the most recent incident happening March 2019.
In addition to the 60-day suspension, the Safeway store will be on probation for a three-year period, according to the ABC.
If another violation occurs during this probationary period, ABC has the authority to take “further disciplinary action.”
Latest News Headlines:
- Proud Boys revel in President Trump’s mention of group
- Angwin under mandatory evacuation order due to Glass Fire
- 16 federal firefighting grants approved in California
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate
- Santa Rosa family loses everything in Glass Fire