The Oakland Teachers Strike enters its 7th day, and it isn’t clear if the teachers’ union and the school district sides are getting any closer to reaching a deal.
Now the San Ramon Valley Unified School District in the East Bay could soon go on strike.
Teachers walked out of California High School in San Ramon yesterday.
The demonstration happened during the lunch hour and did not disrupt classes.
Teachers also walked out during lunchtime at Country Club Elementary.
Teachers with the San Ramon Valley Unified School District are currently voting to authorize a strike as contract negotiations are entering their final stage.
They are asking for smaller class sizes and more than a three percent salary increase.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY