OAKLAND (KRON) — Teachers in Oakland are preparing for Day 7 of striking in hopes of securing better pay and smaller class sizes.
The Oakland Unified School District confirmed Thursday night that negotiations are still underway between the district and teachers’ union.
Teachers are striking in hopes of securing a 12 percent raise.
The school district reported earlier this week that on average, only 6 percent students have attended class during the strike.
The strike begins Friday at 6:30 a.m. with picket lines at all Oakland schools.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY