He just keeps on giving!
On Friday, Steph Curry revealed a special Curry 6 shoe designed by 9-year-old Napa resident Riley Morrison for International Women’s Day.
Riley got the gig designing and adding her personal touch after penning a letter to Curry, expressing frustration that his shoes at that time weren’t offered for girls.
Now Curry says it wouldn’t be right profiting from shoe sales, so he went to Under Armour for some help.
The Stephen & Ayesha Curry Family Foundation announced a new scholarship for young ladies in the Bay Area, and its first recipient was just chosen.
Oakland Tech senior Vivian Wu is the inaugural recipient of the $30,000 scholarship, touting a 4.2 GPA and over 300 community service hours, according to Curry’s company SC30inc.
The scholarship is geared toward college-bound Bay Area girls who plan to major in a STEM-related field.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US