OAKLAND (KRON) — Blue Bottle Coffee issued a voluntary recall Thursday after someone was injured when they opened a can of whole beans.
The Oakland-based company received 13 reports of “the lid detaching rapidly with force when opened,” according to Blue Bottle.
One person suffered a cut on the finger, the company says.
The recall includes all varieties of Hayes Valley Espresso, Bella Donovan, Giant Steps, Three Africas, and Night Light Decaf 170g/6oz whole bean Coffee Cans with all best-by dates.
The cans were sold at Blue Bottle cafes, on their website, Amazon.com, GoodEggs.com, Whole Foods Markets, Target, and other grocery retailers nationwide from August 2018 to May 2019.
Anyone who bought a can may return the product to the retailer or contact Blue Bottle.
The coffee beans inside the ban are safe to consume.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH