MOUNTAIN VIEW (KRON) — Fire crews responded to reports of an odor coming from a car making people sick Thursday afternoon, according to officials.
Around 12:44 p.m., fire units arrived to the scene and found patients who were ill at two separate locations, 1300 Terra Bella Ave. and 1340 W Middlefield Rd.
Crews determined the odor was coming from the Prius’ battery. The car was then unplugged and the battery was removed.
Between the two locations, a total of nine people requested evaluation by the Mountain View Fire Department.
Five patients were then transported to local hospitals.
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500; Ryan Newman hospitalized
- Senator Bernie Sanders campaigned for votes in Bay Area
- Las Vegas Raiders: Who will be their next quarterback?
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Hikers turned away from Bay Area park after mountain lion attacked 6-year-old