MOUNTAIN VIEW (KRON) — Fire crews responded to reports of an odor coming from a car making people sick Thursday afternoon, according to officials.
Around 12:44 p.m., fire units arrived to the scene and found patients who were ill at two separate locations, 1300 Terra Bella Ave. and 1340 W Middlefield Rd.
Crews determined the odor was coming from the Prius’ battery. The car was then unplugged and the battery was removed.
Between the two locations, a total of nine people requested evaluation by the Mountain View Fire Department.
Five patients were then transported to local hospitals.
- Instacart makes changes ahead of planned worker strike
- INTERACTIVE MAP: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in my state?
- Alan Merrill, co-writer of ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications
- San Francisco’s Muni changes now in effect
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021