An officer was exposed to pepper spray while trying to break up a brawl at a Concord mall on Saturday.
According to the Concord Police Department, officers were called to Sunvalley Mall around 8:30 p.m. on report of a fight between 30 to 70 teens in a parking lot.
A security guard tried to break up the fight but wound up being attacked.
The guard used pepper spray to separate the large crowd, but during the process, an officer was sprayed in the eyes.
The officer sustained minor injuries and is in good condition.
There were no other injuries reported and no damage to personal propert, so no arrests were maded.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE