SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – All outdoor testing sites for COVID-19 in San Francisco will suspend walk-in appointments through the rest of the day, per recommendations from the National Weather Service, fire and public health departments.
This is due to the ongoing risk of lightning strikes across the Bay Area.
The following sites are suspending walk-in appointments:
- Embarcadero, Pier 30/32
- SOMA, 600 7th Street
- Excelsior, Pop-up Mobile Testing Site
These sites will also remain closed:
- Castro/Mission Health Clinic
- Potrero Hill Health Clinic
- Southeast Health Clinic
- Maxine Hall
The testing sites are expected to resume services on Tuesday, Aug. 18, but the city will monitor the weather conditions.
- Woman who coughed on San Francisco Uber driver in viral video pleads not guilty
- Lawmakers unveil financial priorities to rebuild CA’s post-pandemic economy
- Sideshow enforcement returns: Oakland police prepare to tackle illegal activity
- ‘I am not a criminal’: Windsor mayor speaks out after 6 women accuse him of sexual assault
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate