Although the Hilary is not directly impacting the Bay Area, flights going south are. A number of Southern California-bound flights out of San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport and San José Mineta International Airport have been delayed or canceled.
According to the respective airports’ websites, here is a list of flight cancellations coming out of the Bay Area’s three major airports as of Monday morning.
- Southwest Flight 3751 to Burbank: Canceled
- 7:30 a.m. scheduled departure
- United Flight 2546 to Burbank: Canceled
- 7:44 p.m. scheduled departure
- Southwest Flight 3221 to Burbank: Canceled
- 12:30 p.m. scheduled departure
As of 7:30 a.m., no Los Angeles-bound flights from SFO have been canceled.
- Southwest Flight 977 to Las Vegas: Delayed
- 8:10 a.m. scheduled departure
- 8:22 a.m. new departure
KRON4 Reporter Amanda Hari was live from Oakland International Airport to share the latest flight delays Sunday night. Over 50 SoCal bound flights from Bay Area airports were canceled on Sunday.
KRON4 Reporter Will Tran is live from San Jose Mineta International Airport Monday morning to share the latest flight delays and cancellations affecting travelers. Watch in the video player above.
- Southwest Flight 2530 to Burbank: Canceled
- 7:25 a.m. scheduled departure
- Southwest Flight 2409 to Burbank: Canceled
- 8:50 a.m. scheduled departure
- Southwest Flight 1506 to San Diego: Canceled
- 8:00 a.m. scheduled departure
- Southwest Flight 2414 to San Diego: Canceled
- 9:00 a.m. scheduled departure
A number of airlines released a statement amidst all the flight cancellations. Read their respective statements below.
Our Teams continue monitoring the progress of the storm. As California’s largest carrier, we’ve made proactive adjustments to our flight schedule throughout the weekend and have communicated with affected Customers, sharing details of our Travel Advisory that allows additional flexibility to self-serve rebooking on Southwest.com. We will continue to share updates as the storm progresses and we stand ready to assist and accommodate them during and following the storm.Southwest Airlines
“American Airlines is monitoring the track of Tropical Storm Hilary and has issued a travel alert allowing customers whose travel plans are affected to rebook without change fees. Customers can reschedule their travel on aa.com or by contacting Reservations at 800-433-7300 in the United States or Canada. American will continue tracking this system with our customers’ and team members’ safety top of mind.”American Airlines
KRON4 reached out to all three airports for more information about the flight delays and cancellations. We are waiting to hear back.
*As of 12 p.m. on Aug. 20