SANTA CRUZ (KRON) — A connecting ramp from southbound Highway 17 to southbound Highway 1 is closed after a big rig truck overturned in the road Monday afternoon.
Caltrans District 5 has issued a sigalert for the area, encouraging drivers to take alternate routes because of heavy traffic.
CHP Santa Cruz says the road may be closed for ‘several hours.’
SigAlert: ramp connector from southbound #Hwy17 to southbound #Hwy1 is BLOCKED by a big rig overturn in #SantaCruz. Traffic is very heavy so use caution, avoid travel in area & take local road detours. @santacruzrtc @CHPscrz @CaltransD4 — Caltrans District 5 (@CaltransD5) May 7, 2019
This is developing, check back for updates
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- OAKLAND GHOST SHIP TRIAL: WITNESS TESTIMONY BEGINS
- CONTAMINATED TAP WATER CENTER OF DEBATE BETWEEN CA LAWMAKERS
- ‘PEEPING TOM’ ARRESTED FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING WOMAN IN MILLBRAE
- MARVEL-THEMED LAND COMING TO DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- 41 KILLED IN RUSSIAN PLANE CRASH LANDING