CASTRO VALLEY (KRON) – The owner of Rocky says the dog found dead on the freeway in Castro Valley is not her dog.
Angie Maurer says Caltrans mistook the dog found on I-580 in Castro Valley to be Rocky since it was a similar breed.
The search for Rocky is still ongoing.
Maurer says Rocky, along with her purse, were stolen Friday, Nov. 29 from a parked car near the Safeway in Castro Valley.
Rocky is a one-year-old Shih Tzu Bichon mix.
If you see the dog or have information on Rocky’s whereabouts, please contact the family at (510) 299-9300 or (510) 673-2877.
- Cinemark reopens several Bay Area movie theaters
- San Francisco’s new permit program will allow live music at outdoor spaces
- Firefighters on alert as heat wave brings high fire danger to Contra Costa County
- Fire officials call in extra help to prepare for hot temps, high winds
- Contra Costa County: Everything you need to know ahead of Election Day