SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — San Francisco’s Moscone Center was packed Friday with Democrats from all over the state.
It’s the kick off event for a weekend about the future of the Democratic Party.
“This is my third convention and I get very excited every time I come because you can really feel the energy in the room,” said Gay Yuen, delegate for the 49th assembly district.
Yuen is excited about the opportunity to talk to some of 14 presidential candidates expected to be on-hand including Bernie Sanders and Kamala Harris.
One candidate who will not be here is front runner Joe Biden, but you can still take a picture with his cardboard cut out.
Of the people KRON4’s Dan Thorn spoke with, no one would say which candidate they specifically wanted to see, but they did say what they wanted to hear.
Presidential candidates aside, the mega convention is also drawing a lot of young people who just want to get involved.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY