REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) – A Redwood City man has been sentenced to nine years in state prison for molesting young boys when he was working as a part-time babysitter.
Reports say 32-year-old Angel Leopoldo Gutierrez Money was sentenced Friday to 9 years in prison and ordered to register as a sex offender.
He pleaded no contest in August to several felony charges relating to child molestation and distribution of child pornography.
Prosecutors say Gutierrez Monney was working as a babysitter for one family and was able to charm multiple families and children who became his victims.
The San Mateo County Sheriff’s office launched an investigation last year after a tip from a concerned father.
Gutierrez Money was arrested in September 2018 on suspicion of sexually abusing at least 16 boys.
Latest News Headlines:
- Live: CDC investigating Oregon woman’s death after J&J vaccine
- Biden to restore California’s power to set automobile pollution rules
- Police seek missing Pleasant Hill child
- ‘Common sense’ Bipartisan Border Solutions Act aims to rapidly process migrant influx
- California Senate OKs safe injection sites