SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – As of 5 p.m. Thursday, PG&E says power has been restored to all customers affected by the latest round of shutoffs.
PG&E began restoring power Thursday morning for the approximately 50,000 customers who were in the dark.
The threat of wildfires caused by strong winds and dry conditions forced the lights to go out Wednesday for parts of Napa, Sonoma, and Solano counties.
The challenge with this latest public safety power shutoff event was tracking the weather that’s constantly changing.
PG&E scaled back from its initial warning from 300,000 customers down to 48,000 who ended up in the dark.
Latest News Headlines:
- Novato Police: Missing 11-year-old found safe
- Take the confusion out of food labels
- Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day found alive
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- Search for missing Palo Alto couple now recovery mission