SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – If you’re flying in to or out of San Francisco International Airport, don’t forget to bring along your reusable water bottle!
Starting Aug. 20, all plastic water bottle sales will be banned at SFO, airport officials announced Friday.
This includes all airport vendors – who will no longer sell bottled water in containers that are plastic – and vending machines.
>> Click here to learn more on the SFO Approved Water Bottle List.
SFO will also transition away from single-use plastic food service ware and accessories, as well as limit when food service ware accessories are provided.
Airport officials said it’s being done to reduce the airport’s impact on the environment as well as to advance the airport’s zero waste goal.
Latest News Headlines:
- 29 years later: A look back at Oakland firestorm
- Caught on camera: Saratoga woman outraged over gender reveal party
- New tool to track COVID-19 cases in Marin County schools
- New body cam footage released in SF officer-involved shooting
- Possible fines in San Mateo County for not following COVID-19 guidelines