SAN BRUNO (KRON) — San Bruno Police officers responded to reports of loss prevention officers being pepper-sprayed by shoplifters Sunday afternoon, according to authorities.
Around 2:24 p.m., police arrived to the 1100 block of El Camino Real where two loss prevention officers were reportedly pepper sprayed after trying to stop two shoplifters.
It was discovered that a female teen and male teens had stolen items from the store and fled the scene after pepper spraying the two officers.
The male, a 16-year-old Bay Point resident and the female, a 17-year-old San Francisco resident, were quickly located nearby and arrested without incident.
The stolen property and pepper spray were recovered, per officials.
Both suspects were arrested for robbery and booked into Hillcrest Juvenile Hall in San Mateo.
- Senate approves rules for Trump impeachment trial
- ‘I’m fired up’: 49ers’ great Jerry Rice gearing up for Super Bowl in Miami
- Car ban on Market Street in San Francisco begins next week
- 49ers’ Dee Ford heads to Super Bowl to face former team
- Vallejo releases surveillance video showing deadly shooting involving off-duty Richmond police officer