SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Police officers responded to reports of a home burglary in South San Francisco on Tuesday, according to authorities.
Officers arrived to 3879 Shamrock Ct., where they approached the open back gate.
Police located three suspects, who immediately fled on foot.
Several officers reportedly began to chase the suspects.
Two of the suspects were caught by officers nearby.
The third and final suspect was able to get away, police continue to search for and identify him.
An 86-year-old woman was at home during the burglary.
One of the suspects allegedly waved a knife at her, demanding money.
The victim’s stolen property was found when the suspects were taken into custody.
The suspect’s car was located nearby, along with additional stolen items from different burglaries throughout San Mateo and Santa Clara County, according to officials.
The two suspects arrested were 17-year-old boys from San Francisco and Oakland.
The two were booked into the San Mateo County Juvenile Hall for numerous charges, including robbery, burglary, conspiracy, possession of stolen property, resisting arrest and elder endangerment.
The woman was reportedly uninjured.
- Senator Bernie Sanders campaigned for votes in Bay Area
- Las Vegas Raiders: Who will be their next quarterback?
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Hikers turned away from Bay Area park after mountain lion attacked 6-year-old
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500 in photo finish