CONCORD, Calif. (KRON) — A man died Thursday morning in what authorities say was an officer-involved death in Concord.
Police identified Kentreal Irving, a 31-year-old from Concord, who fled officers after being involved in a Wednesday hit and run collision in Bay Point.
Police saw a green Toyota Prius driving erratically and attempted to stop it, believing it was involved in the hit and run. The vehicle did not yield and fled at a high rate of speed near the area of Willow Pass Road and Weldon Street in Bay Point.
The chase continued on Highway 4, Highway 242 and Concord surface streets, finally ending after the suspect collided with a guardrail at the interchange between Highway 242 and westbound Highway 4.
Irving then fled on foot and jumped off an overpass to evade police.
Deputies found Irving on the ground and attempted to revive him with the help of paramedics and firefighters, but was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Stocks have their worst day in a month as virus cases surge
- Netflix releases trailer for Selena series
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- Kushner says Black people must ‘want’ to succeed
- Flying Tails: Saving Senior Dogs Week