OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — All northbound lanes of Interstate 880 in Oakland are blocked due to police activity Monday afternoon.
The lanes were shut down at around 4:30 p.m. just south 23rd Avenue, according to the California Highway Patrol.
It’s unclear why there is police activity in the area.
Motorists are advised to expect delays and to use alternate routes to avoid the area.
There is no estimated time to reopen the roadway.
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state
- Pandemic exposes ‘our health system does not serve all’
- San Leandro church hosts free grocery drive-through giveaway for local families
- Trump: Justice will be served following tragic death of George Floyd
- Larry Kramer, playwright and AIDS activist, dies at 84