SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — San Francisco police confirmed Thursday that an arrest has been made related to the case of a missing 73-year-old man and a body that was found inside his home earlier this week.
While investigating the missing person case on Monday at a home on the 100 block of Del Monte Street, officers discovered dismembered human remains on the property.
Police have not said whether the human remains and missing person case are linked together.
The medical examiner’s office has yet to identify the human remains found or announce a cause of death for the person.
The FBI is also assisting in the investigation.
Police have not provided details on today’s arrest or the charges the person is facing.
Neighbors told KRON4 on Wednesday, the 73-year-old man, Benedict Ching, was friendly — but said there had been some fighting and unusual activity at the home recently.
This is developing, check back for updates
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE