SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Police have detained a man after two women were attacked along the Embarcardeo on Saturday morning, according to the San Francisco Police Department PIO.
Around 6:55 a.m. police responded to Pier 19 after a woman was reportedly stabbed, Officer Robert Rueca said.
The suspect fled the area on a bike.
Not long after, around 7:10 a.m. a man attacked another woman with a tool near Pier 39.
Authorities say both women were taken to a hospital to be treated for their non-life threatening injuries.
A man, matching the suspect description, has been detained.
Police believe the detained suspect was involved in both incidents.
An investigation is underway.
No other details have been released at this time.
- Denver police pointed gun at 3 black children, handcuffed unarmed father, attorney says
- Alabama city removes Confederate statue without notice
- Twitter disables Trump campaign’s George Floyd video tribute
- Look up tonight to catch a glimpse of the Strawberry Moon
- Buffalo police officers suspended after shoving 75-year-old protester