Police in Richmond are investigating a shooting that killed a man on Tuesday evening.
Officials reported that the shooting occurred in the 1600 block of Chanslor Avenue around 5:05 p.m.
Police say they arrived on scene to find a man was shot at least once. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
This is the fourth shooting in Richmond in just two days.
Authorities are asking the community to avoid the area as they investigate.
Chanslor Avenue has been blocked off from 16th Street to 19th Street at this time.
No other details have been released.
This follows a string of shootings on Sunday night when four people were shot in the span of two hours.
The three shootings on Sunday night and Tuesday night’s shooting happened just miles from one another.
It is unknown at this time whether the shootings are connected.
Check back for more details as this is developing.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ARRESTED IN MOUNTAIN VIEW FOR RAPE OF GIRL HE MET ONLINE
- CONCORD BOWLING ALLEY TARGETED IN ARMED ROBBERY
- FAMILY REMEMBERS FREMONT TEEN KILLED BY SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVER
- YOUTH CHURCH LEADER ARRESTED IN SARATOGA FOR CHILD PORN
- POSSIBLE WATERFRONT BALLPARK DEAL FOR OAKLAND A’S APPROVED