CONCORD (KRON) – Police continue to investigate an officer-involved shooting that occurred Sunday morning in Concord.
Around 11:45 a.m., Concord police officers were involved in a shooting on the 900 block of Oasis Drive.
An elderly couple called police and reported that their 60-year-old son was acting erratically and was possibly under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
The 85 and 90-year-old told dispatchers that their son was armed with a knife and plastic gun.
Neighbors also called police, saying the man was in the front yard with a gun.
When officers arrived, they tried to talk with the man, but he went back into the house.
An elderly man then walked out of the house with serious injuries.
Officers went inside the home and found the man on top of his mother with a knife in his hand.
Two officers then shot and killed the man.
The two victims were transported to a local hospital where they are being treated for serious injuries.
The City of Concord and the Concord Police Department are working with investigators from the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office to investigate the incident.
No further details are available at this time, check back for updates.
- Santa Clara County DA announces bribery scheme charges
- GM flips to California’s side in pollution fight with Trump
- Reward offered for missing Hayward child abducted in 1988
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19