EMERYVILLE (KRON) – A group of juveniles were arrested on Black Friday after assaulting a woman and an off duty CHP officer, according to authorities.
On Friday, Nov. 29 around 8 p.m., the woman returned to the area of the Bay Street Mall in Emeryville where she believed she was robbed.
The victim located a group of juveniles who she believed were associated with the suspect of the robbery.
She asked them to return her cell phone, but they became aggressive and began to assault her.
Video shows the woman walk up to the large group, and one suspect pushes her.
Several bystanders can be seen, some walking away and some staying nearby.
An off-duty CHP officer witnessed the group of juveniles assaulting the victim and intervened.
It appears that the officer pulled out his cell phone to take photos of the suspects.
That is when the group became aggressive with the officer and began to violently assault him.
The CHP begins to run, but the group chases him and continues to assault him, repeatedly striking and choking him until he was unconscious.
A girl that was with the big group began to assault the female victim.
The officer regained consciousness and pepper sprayed one suspect who was continuing to be aggressive.
Emeryville police officers arrived and detained several juveniles.
Two were identified and arrested, ages 14 and 16, for the assault.
- American Airlines flight returns to San Jose airport after mechanical problem
- SCOTUS to take up Mississippi abortion case
- Biden announces effort to distribute more vaccines to countries in need
- ‘So I raped you’: Facebook message renews victim’s fight for an arrest
- Migrant tent encampment to relocate outside a shelter in Mexican border city of Reynosa