SANTA ROSA (KRON) – Santa Rosa police officers responded to a home Thursday afternoon regarding a deceased person.
Around 12:38 p.m., officers arrived the 1000 block of Jennings Avenue where they found a 55-year-old man dead inside the home.
The man reportedly had physical injuries, and police say there were signs consistent with a struggle inside of the home caused by a knife or a sharp object.
Neighbors say the man lived with his wife.
Detectives from the Violent Crimes Investigations Team were notified and also arrived to the scene.
The detectives are now conducting an additional follow up investigation regarding the nature of this suspicious death.
The investigation is still in its early stages.
No additional information is available at this time.
The Santa Rosa Police Department is encouraging anyone with information regarding the incident to call (707) 543-3590.
- Man found alive in Marin County after going missing during hike had a stroke, fell: authorities
- Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison
- Weinstein jurors focus on Sciorra as deliberations continue
- USC offers free tuition to families making under $80,000, break for homeowners
- Trump ally Roger Stone to be sentenced as case roils DOJ