SAN JOSE (KRON) — A 22-year-old man was arrested for attempted murder after a large brawl in San Jose ended in gunshots last month.
On Dec. 20 at 12:47 a.m., Santa Clara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a large fight involving about six to eight people near the corner of Staples Avenue and McKee Road, officials said.
When deputies arrived, they found two men who were injured.
The first victim was shot in the leg and was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The second victim was struck in the head with an object and was treated on scene.
The suspect vehicle was described as a white car last seen driving away from the scene on McKee Road, authorities said.
Amid the investigation, detectives say they were able to identify 22-year-old Keith Vo Tran as the shooter. They also identified the license plate of the white Honda that Tran and his friends reportedly used to flee the scene.
Detectives notified surrounding law enforcement agencies of the information.
On Dec. 30 at around 3 a.m., the San Jose Police Department advised the Sheriff’s Office that they had stopped the white Honda. Sheriff’s detectives responded and arrested Tran for attempted murder.
Detectives located a 9mm handgun inside of Tran’s car, which authorities believe is the weapon used in the shooting.
While being interviewed, Tran admitted to shooting the victim, police said.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Delta extends change fee policy to 2 years
- Coronavirus peak coming as US grapples with increasing cases
- WATCH: Hundreds of sailors give hero’s send-off to fired commander of aircraft carrier hit by coronavirus
- Paddleboarder arrested at Malibu Pier for violating state stay at home order
- IRS to start sending stimulus checks April 9, but some won’t get money until September