SAN JOSE (KRON) - A police raid in San Jose resulted in officers seizing hundreds of pounds of marijuana, narcotics, a half-million dollars in cash and a rocket launcher.
Four people were arrested in connection with what police say is a very sophisticated and highly organized crime ring.
San Jose residents Anthony Le, 42, Barry Phan, 42, Jose Garcia, 41, and Alejandro Garcia, 35, are now facing drug felony trafficking and other charges.
Police say they were packaging and shipping marijuana and other drugs across the country using commercial freight lines.
Capping a 2-year investigation based on anonymous tip, search warrants were served at a homes in Sunnyvale and on Damascus Court in San Jose's Willow Glen District.
Evidence seized includes 800 pounds of marijuana, hash oil, cocaine, Xanax bars, Ecstasy pills, illegal steroids, $600,000 in cash, three handguns and a military grade rocket launcher.
Police say Anthony Le is the mastermind of an operation that raked in at least a million dollars annually.
As for that rocket launcher, police say there is no evidence it is connected to any nefarious intentions.
There was no ordinance or ammo to go with it and police are still trying to figure out where it came from.
- FOUR OFFICERS INJURED IN STRUGGLE WITH MAN IN ALAMEDA
- ALLEGED GANG MEMBER KILLED IN POLICE SHOOTING NEAR MARTINEZ
- 27-YEAR-OLD DEAD AFTER OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN NAPA
- WOMAN KILLS ESCAPED INMATE WHO KICKED IN HER DOOR
- THIS 7-YEAR-OLD MAKES $22 MILLION A YEAR ON YOUTUBE
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Apple store theft involving U-Haul truck, foiled by burglary system
- Plans to build 54-story skyscraper in Emeryville met with mixed reaction
- Crews working to rescue man on top of Muni train
- Controversial college exam question about race under investigation