More than 2,000 residents in Santa Clara were without power Sunday evening after balloons got tangled in power lines.
Silicon Valley Power reported the outage impacted 2,636 customers.
Officials say the outage only affected the southeast part of Silicon Valley.
We are currently experiencing a power outage in the SE part of town, affecting 2,453 customers. We will provide more information as it becomes available.— Silicon Valley Power (@SantaClaraPower) May 13, 2019
A crew was able to remove the balloons and restore power to the area.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH