President Donald Trump says his government is looking into Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf after she warned the public about an impending immigration raid.
Trump said during a Cabinet meeting Thursday that “what the mayor of Oakland did the other day was a disgrace.”
He says, “it’s certainly something that we’re looking at with respect to her individually.”
Trump says immigration authorities were ready to take 1,000 people off the streets but that Schaaf’s warning led them to scatter. He says the move made efforts much more dangerous for law enforcement.
The president also said Congress should pass legislation that would strip funding from localities that don’t cooperate with federal immigration authorities.
He says, “If you want the money, you can’t have the sanctuary cities.”
- VIRAL: WOMAN TELLS COUPLE ‘GO BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY’
- $2 MILLION SUNNYVALE HOME BREAKS RECORD
- REPORT: SAN FRANCISCO IS HEALTHIEST CITY IN US
- CONVICTED KILLER CHARGED WITH 1986 FREMONT COLD CASE MURDERS
- TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH 8TH GRADER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE