SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – East Bay State Senator Steve Glazer wants to keep cell towers powered up when PG&E shuts off the power.
He’s proposing that the state require mobile phone companies to provide at least 72 hours of battery backup on their towers, so that their cellular networks remain in service during these critical times.
Glazer says utility companies should also be required to provide backup battery packs during shutoffs for people with serious medical conditions so they can keep refrigerated medicine cold and oxygen tanks functional.
Latest News Headlines:
- CDC urges school districts to prepare for coronavirus outbreak
- Loughlin, Giannulli set for October trial in college scam
- Panera launches $8.99 unlimited monthly coffee subscription program
- Olive Garden giving 4 free desserts to people born on Feb. 29 to make up for lost birthdays
- MLB appoints 1st black umpire crew chief