MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KRON) — A peaceful protest in Morgan Hill moved onto the freeway at Tennant Avenue Saturday evening.
Highway 101 was closed southbound at Cochrane and northbound at San Martin.
As of 9:15 p.m., Highway 101 reopened throughout Morgan Hill. Protesters were escorted back to their cars, according to the Morgan Hill Police Department.
Officials are advising the public to use alternate routes.
This is a developing story
Latest News Headlines:
- Cooling centers open in San Jose for relief from heat
- FBI: 130 Twitter accounts removed for trying to ‘disrupt’ presidential debate conversation
- Mudslides related to fires could cause evacuations in Santa Cruz Mountains
- Statewide Flex Alert issued for Thursday
- Record turnout: 1.8 million have already voted in presidential election