SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — A fire known as the Quail Fire burning in Solano County has grown to more than 1,800 acres as of Sunday afternoon.
CAL Fire said the 1837-acre fire is burning off of Quail Canyon Road near Pleasants Valley Road, southwest of the town of Winters.
The fire has destroyed three structures and is threatening 100 others.
There are currently 600 firefighters battling the fire which is now 40% contained. Officials say winds are expected to pick up again Sunday night.
The fire forced mandatory evacuations for the area of Quail Canyon Road from Pleasants Valley Road to Highway 128.
But as of 5:24 p.m. Sunday, the evacuation order was lifted.
Check back for updates
- Statewide Map: Current California wildfires
- Newsom to hold briefing on California wildfires
- PHOTOS: Glass Fire burns through 11K acres in Napa, Sonoma
- Newsfeed Now: California wildfires; South Park visits Denver
- North Bay wildfires: Air quality diminishing